App Store Link for ‘Vocabulary Quiz for Students’https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vocabulary-quiz-for-students/id849731184?mt=8
➢ ‘Vocabulary Quiz for Students’ is an iOS app targeted for Elementary and Middle Schoolers to test their knowledge in challenging words. It has been created by a parent after reviewing multiple apps that cater to SAT, GRE and other competitive exams targeted for higher grades.
➢ A great vocabulary is the key to success in many careers, so feel free to challenge yourself to the quiz, even if you are not a school going child. The word and the sentence choices have been carefully reviewed to make sure that they are appropriate to the grade level.
○ Junior Level(free) category contains 120 words and over 150 questions and is targeted for KG to 3rd grade students.
○ Junior level(2014) category challenges you in over 1000 words and definitions.
○ Senior Level(free) category contains 120 words and over 200 questions and is targeted for 4th to 8th grade students.
○ Senior level(2014) category challenges you in over 1000 words and definitions
○ Senior level(2015) category challenges you in over 1000 words and definitions
➢ GameCentre integrated with multiple leader boards support to present category wise high scores.
How to play?
- Once the test starts you will be presented with 30 multiple choice questions. Each question has 4 word choices; you have about 30 seconds to answer. Correct answer gets a maximum of 14 points (option turns green) with points decreasing over time, wrong answer loses 5 points (option turns red).
- The order of questions and the answer options are jumbled to keep the retries interesting and challenging.
- If your child is preparing for any vocabulary bee competitive exams this may serve as a good practice.
- With over 350 word definitions in the free category and over 3000 in the premium categories you can use this App to quiz your vocabulary or in preparation for SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL as well.
Things worth mentioning
- Easy to use, as per our beta testers
- Interface has been professionally designed to enhance user experience(selection process involved vetting my K12 Kids)
- Fun and interactive
- It can be used offline; no internet connection is required to use the app.
- No Ads (We are committed to providing a clean and safe learning environment)
Originally posted 2015-03-25 06:46:33.